Jan 22, 2004

Back in the good ’ole days when I first started using the computer, I used to do things like make sound files for system sounds, make custom startup screens, custom desktop pictures and the like. At some point a few years ago (sometime right around system 8 I think) I just stopped doing stuff like that.

I think a lot of people did, you used to be able to go to the MacWorld website and download sounds and things, I don’t know if people are really doing that kind of thing anymore - there’s all the multimedia for the web, mp3s all kinds of things now that make the fun things I used to do seem so simplistic.

The other day though, I heard something that I thought would make a really good alert sound, it was the spastic yell that emitted from Howard Dean at the end of his speech after the Iowa caucuses. I don’t think I’ve witnessed anything as ugly from a politician since seeing GW’s brutalization of the english language. GW speaks english as if its his second language.

As far as the Howard Dean spastic war cry, I can’t find it and believe me I looked - watching him give that speech was like watching a bad car wreck.

No comments: